As the school year comes to a close, so too does the District’s breakfast and lunch delivery program – the final day of deliveries will occur Friday, June 5, 2020. We wish to thank the District staff members who have participated in the program – tracking registrations and delivery routing, preparing and labeling bags, packing meals, and delivering the meals to our students throughout Penns Valley. We also wish thank our food service partner, The Nutrition Group, and their staff who prepared the meals for our students. The success of this program would not have been possible without these dedicated individuals.
For families needing assistance, please be aware of the following community resources:
YMCA of Centre County
Drive-Through Meal Distribution - The YMCA is providing meals to children ages 0-18 via Drive-Through Meal Distribution sites, Monday through Friday from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. Locations within the Penns Valley Area School District are:
- Don Wert Memorial Park – Aaronsburg
- Grace United Methodist Church – Centre Hall
- Penns Valley YMCA – Spring Mills
- St John’s Lutheran Church – Millheim
- Miles Township Elementary School - Rebersburg
If you would like to volunteer at any of the YMCA sites or warehouse, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org In your message, please include the following information: Name, phone #, email address, the area that you are willing to volunteer in, and what type of volunteer work you are willing to do (transport food to sites, volunteer at sites, volunteer for packing, or volunteer to pick-up donation). For safety reasons, volunteers will only be working in small groups and will be required to wear a mask.
To make a monetary donation to the YMCA programs please visit: https://www.ymcaofcentrecounty.org/support/donate/anti-hunger-programs/
Or mail your donation to: YMCA of Centre County Development Office, 677 W Whitehall Road, State College, PA 16801.
Churches of Penns Valley
Several local agencies will continue to provide meals at no charge to students each day throughout the summer and will be available for pick up at locations around the Penns Valley Area School District.
So that we can get an accurate count of meals, please visit www.churchesofpennsvalley.org to sign up for pickup.
If you are in need of meals but unable to pick up at the specified locations, the churches of Penns/Brush Valley will be providing door-to-door delivery.
- The service will be offered Monday through Friday beginning Monday, June 8 until school is scheduled to begin again on September 1.
- All registered children are eligible for door to door
- We ask that you only register for this service if you are unable to do a daily pick up at a locally identified
- Register by June 3rd at churchesofpennsvalley.org to begin receiving meals (in-person or delivery) on June 8.
- Be sure to complete the entire form if you wish to participate.