Student Expectations & Norms
General Classroom Learning Expectations:
1. Follow the rules outlined in the student handbook, as they all apply to this classroom. You know what actions are appropriate for a classroom setting and what actions are not.
2. Help create a classroom atmosphere of respect. The study of the past requires us to investigate numerous topics and consider varied opinions and perspectives. Every individual in this classroom should feel free to express his/her ideas without fear of ridicule or judgment. Respect yourselves, your peers, and your school.
3. Be responsible. It is up to you to take charge of your own learning and behavior.
4. Come to class prepared. Please bring the necessary materials with you each day.
5. Be aware. Make sure you are keeping track of deadlines and expectations for your coursework. Check online platform(s) and email communication regularly.
6. Actively participate in classroom activities and lessons.
7. Be confident. Each one of you is capable of experiencing great success in this course. Believe in your abilities and your potential to be a successful learner!
8. Come talk to me! Be an advocate for your learning! If you ever have any questions or need help, do not hesitate to stop by and see me. I will be available both before and after school to discuss any issues or questions. We may also set up a time that is convenient for all involved. I can be reached at [email protected].
General Online Learning Expectations:
1. Students will use Schoology. Students will need to access our Schoology page to access assignments, view resources and directions to help them complete the work, and to submit the work for feedback and grading.
2. Students must be willing to put in the needed time, actively participate/engage in online class activities, and complete the assignments.
3. Students should review written feedback and check their grades regularly. Students will continue to receive feedback and grades just as if they were in school. Students should review the feedback and check grades in Skyward regularly to monitor their progress.
4. Students are responsible for checking communication regularly.
5. Students are expected to be respectful and professional at all times. Online learning follows the same expectations as in person school.
6. Students must be present for the duration of the block via Zoom (unless otherwise noted/directed by teacher) and video must be ON and camera must be centered.
7. Students should reach out and ask for help when they need it!